Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mahendra S Patel has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mahendra S Patel has the following 14 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
Dr. Mahendra S Patel has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
I wasn't told a bone marrow biopsy was considered "surgery" and the co-pay would be 3x the usual. I couldn't be seen until I made all the payments on a plan set up or pay on the plan plus the current co-pay. His accent was a problem for me. Accusatory tone about non -compliance even when I explained the financial problems and I made payments as scheduled. I didn't like his beside manner.
Typical Roanoke Rapids doctor's office! My wife's doctor referred us to this office for a bone marrow biopsy. They canceled her appointment over a co-pay. My wife told them she had the co-pay but because they canceled it they couldn't let her have it. They said it would be over a month before she could be seen. Mrs. Dawn lied to our doctor about the canceled appointment. I cant speak about Dr. Patel himself because his staff (Dawn) was sorry! I took my wife out of town.
44 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Mercy Catholic Medical Center
Dr. Mahendra S Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHalifax Medical Specialists, 270 Smith Church Rd, Roanoke Rapids, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mahendra S Patel in this video.
Dr. Mahendra S Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roanoke Rapids, NC.