The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maher Ahmed
Dr. Maher Ahmed, MD, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Ahmed is affiliated with Lenox Hill Hospital, Brooklyn Hospital Center/Downtown Campus and Metropolitan Hospital Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Maher Ahmed has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.<br>The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Maher Ahmed has the following 4 expertise
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Arteriovenous Surgical Shunt
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
Showing 3 of 3
Radiographer (xray tech)
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maher Ahmed - Posted on July 23rd, 2013
Dr. Ahmed repaired an aneurysm in my aorta as well as two stents in my iliac arteries. He was very reassuring and his bedside manner and great smile made me feel at ease. With Dr. Ahmed I was never worried. His follow visits at his office were always on time. Unlike other doctors, Dr. Ahmed is very efficient. His follow ups would consist of minor tests to access the recovery. His technicians were always waiting for me. I didn't have to wait for them. As soon the tests were completed. Dr. Ahmed was right there to go over the findings. His staff is friendly and they never rush you. I have some doctors that make you wait over an hour every single time. Dr. Ahmed is spot on.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maher Ahmed - Posted on February 5th, 2013
the doctor should retire long time ago he talk me into surgery for incompetent vain and now I'm in pain and sorry that I ever sow him
Worst Dr, Ever
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maher Ahmed - Posted on October 10th, 2011
Dr. Ahmed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lenox Hill Hospital
Brooklyn Hospital Center/Downtown Campus
Metropolitan Hospital Center
43 Years Experience
University Of Cairo
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Maher Ahmed Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Maher Ahmed's office for more information.
110 E 59th St New York, NY : (212) 583-2910
Locations & Directions110 E 59th St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maher Ahmed, MD, MBBS - Vascular Surgery in New York, NY, in this video.
Dr. Maher Ahmed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.