Have you seen Dr. Maher S Ghawji?

Get Out

I did not choose to go to Dr Ghawji. My doctor, Dr. Goodman retired and told me that a doctor that had been in his practice for a while would be taking over for him after he left. Not only did Dr. Ghawji not communicate/talk to me about anything during the time he was in the room, but after doing a lot of writing in my file, he turned to me and said, "GET OUT." I was so shocked I said, "Are you finished?" and he said, "LEAVE, GET OUT". I have to admit that in all of my 69 years I have never been treated so rudely by a doctor before. I will never go back to that office again. Obviously, he is incapable of treating women or maybe even anyone, properly. I asked the girl at the front desk what was his problem and she said that he was Moslem. I guess that must explain everything about his manners.

Dr. Ghawji

Without a doubt Dr Ghawji has but one passion in his life and that is medicine! He has always been an extraordinary doctor treating my diabetes! I have such a strong conviction with his treatment, knowledge and support in getting the best treatment! He is superior and a dedicated MD!

My main objection was I waited 3 1/2 hours. My appt was 2 and I finally got out at 5:30 for a followup visit. He spent about 15 minutes with me.

I am very happy with the services from Dr. Mahar ghawji's office. Very competent and nice man.

Ticked off

My wife just called me about her visit today in tears. My wife has several health issues that we are very alarmed about. I personally was diagnosed with colon cancer less than 2 weeks ago. She doesn't need the stress that this has added. She has developed a real bad cough over the last few weeks. When she tells the Dr this instead of concern he turns to a student and quote says " now she thinks she has cancer" . My wife's health issues have continously gotten worse under this care with zero help. Thanks for nothing Dr. Learn some bedside manor and learn to listen. We will be going elsewhere. By the way what Dr's office doesn't have a way to record messages ?????

Awful

I was seeing Dr. Goodman in this practice for years and loved him but he moved and said Dr. Ghawji would take over my care. I had my first appt with him recently and was so terribly disappointed. The nurse came in first and said she would put me in the ultrasound room and he would just see me in there and then do my ultrasound. She set up the computer on desk. Dr. Ghawji finally came in the room. He did not introduce himself, he did not go over to the computer and look at my chart. He did not feel my thyroid or anything. He said "Do you have trouble swallowing?" I said "No". He said to lay back and he did the ultrasound. I assumed he would review my chart and talk to me after but no he didn't. He said, "You have nodules, I'm not worried about them, come back in one year". Well I know I have nodules, that's why I've been coming here for years. That was my entire visit. He never compared ultrasound to previous ones or looked at any of my history. I have never had an experience like that with a Dr. before, it was very strange.

Wonderful doctor. I would highly recommend him!

I am now a patient of Dr. Ghwaji, since my previous endocrinologist (Dr. Ralph Goodman) moved. I like Dr. Ghwaji very much. he is a good doctor and did all the appropriate tests for my condition at this time. I will be seeing him annually. next year I will be due for a bone density test.

EVERY NOW AND THEN YOU GET LUCKY!!!

"Every now and then you get Lucky" It's something my husband says in reference to meeting me. It's what I say about finding Dr Maher Ghawji! I actually have an appointment with him today. I recently had parathyroid surgery. It turned out I had Hyperplasia. A condition where All 4 parathyroid glands have tumors. If it had not been first for Dr Ghawji's "CARING" nature and secondly his expertise (you've GOT to respect that) I'd still be walking around undiagnosed and deteriorating. I am very informed when it comes to my Body and my Physicians MUST, for me, be Caring and for me, be one of The Best. I feel STRONGLY that Dr Ghawji and his Staff fit both those very Imperative, Important requirements!

HORRIBLE DOCTOR!!!

My endo doctor I had for 11 years was no longer going to see adult patients and I had been referred to Dr. Ghawji. I was looking forward to the appointment especially after seeing all of the positive reviews. After waiting 2 hours, I finally got back to see him. He was the most rude doctor I have ever met. He would not let me or my husband even finish a sentence. He cared more about making notes than to answer any questions or concerns I had. I really don't know what his notes were about because he didn't even ask me questions or let me talk. He adjusted my pump settings and did not even look at my blood sugars. Never let a doctor do this because you cannot adjust proper pump settings without a blood sugar pattern. I have been a diabetic for 31 years and have never seen a doctor who was less compassionate and more inconsiderate than this doctor. Run far away as fast as you can from this man!!!!

Waste of Time

I spent a whole afternoon trying to see Dr. Ghawji. I rolled my wheelchair out to the bus stop where I took the 25 minute drive to his office. I checked in at 1:30 for my 2:15 appointment. At 3:00, I explained that I needed to catch the bus back home at 3:34. The receptionist said that I would be the next patient back. She came out 5 minutes later to tell me that I could go back, but that he may not be able to see me in time for me to catch the bus. She then asked if I would like to re-schedule. I told her no, that I'll have to get another endocrinologist, as Dr. Ghawji is much to busy to see me as a patient. Would I like to speak with the office manager, she asked? Like that would do a lot of good. If you do go see the guy, be prepared for long waits in a VERY crowded waiting room. Chronic problem. I need a doctor who understands the patient needs. I waited for the bus for the 25 minute return ride. I won't be back.

Great Experience

It's hard to make a thyroid biopsy a good experience but Dr. Ghawji did a great job. He has a good sense of humor and helped to ease my anxiety before this dreaded procedure. I am very hard to please but would highly recommend him to others.

Dr. Maher S Ghawji is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Memphis, TN.

Dr. Maher S Ghawji Is this you?