Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Maher C Nahlawi
Dr. Maher C Nahlawi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gurnee, IL. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Nahlawi is affiliated with Advocate Condell Medical Center. Dr. Nahlawi has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Maher C Nahlawi has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Maher C Nahlawi has the following 12 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Maher C Nahlawi has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Nahlawi is an excellent physician. He has taken care of me for years. There is a definite problem with Lake Hearts' handling of Patient calls. In the past 6-7 yrs. I've been a Pt., I have yet been able to schedule an appt. on the first call. It's always "I'm either on the phone or away from my desk" Yes they are busy, but, there is a lot of sitting around and talking going on. The partners need to sit down with the administrator and demand some changes! The only reason I stay is because of Dr. Nahlawi.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Nahlawi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1993
Mcgaw Medical Center
Dr. Maher C Nahlawi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsLakehart Specialists, 35 Tower Ct Ste F, Gurnee, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maher C Nahlawi, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Gurnee, IL, in this video.
Dr. Maher C Nahlawi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gurnee, IL.