Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mahesh Amin
Dr. Mahesh Amin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Clearwater, FL. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Amin is affiliated with Healthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital. Dr. Amin has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mahesh Amin has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Unstable Angina
- Weight Loss
- High Cholesterol
- Holter monitoring
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
Showing 5 of 14
I have nothing but the highest praise for Dr. Amin. He has all the qualities you dream of finding in a doctor, but seldom do. His clinical skills are superb. He truly cares about his patients, makes you comfortable, listens carefully, and communicates his understanding. He is a life saver. He should have ten stars .
I have been a patient with Dr Amin for over 16 years now! He is the best, most knowledgeable Cardiologist I have ever been to. He is a patient and kind,reassuring doctor .. He listens to you and takes his time explaining things to you. I love him, he is soft spoken and has a sense of humor to boot!! Never find another doctor like him
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Amin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1986
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Mahesh Amin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWest Coast Cardiology Associates, 1107 S Myrtle Ave, Clearwater, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mahesh Amin in this video.
Dr. Mahesh Amin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clearwater, FL.