Dr. Mahfuja I Akanda Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Mahfuja I Akanda?

Proactive and an excellent diagnostician. Very professional. Go to Dr Akanda if you want a good medical doctor. Do not go to her if you need to be babied.

Worse doctor ever!!!!

Doesn't care about her patients. She lies about things and doesnt care if your in pain. Unless you just have a common cold, get a different doctor!!!

Poor attention from Dr. Akanda led to unnecessary ER visit.

I became ill on a Wednesday and called that Friday because I was not feeling well. I went in and all they did was a strep throat test. The weekend came and I got worse. I called again on Tuesday (6 day after 1st symptoms) around 11 am and the Dr. Akanda was busy and told me she would call at 4:10 pm. I know that the medical offices close at 5 pm, but I didn't have a choice so I waited. She called and I let her know about my intense pain. She told me she could see me tomorrow, but I told her I couldn't wait. She said that unfortunately it was too late to go there and see her or any other doctor, like I had feared. I ended up going to ER and there they did blood analysis and discovered I had a kidney/bladder infection. Needless to say the attention I received from the ER Dr. and Dr. Akanda was like night and day.

Dr. Akanda really cares about her patients, and it shows in her motherly generous bedside manner. Only wish I were not moving away from Davis. She spends the extra time (does not hurry or rush patients off) that other physicians do, takes the pause to listen to the patient, and fully addresses their care. Thank you Dr. Akanda!