Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mahjabeen Ahmed MD
Dr. Mahjabeen Ahmed, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lindenhurst, NY, with another office in Farmingdale, NY. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. Dr. Ahmed is affiliated with Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Mahjabeen Ahmed has 2 locations
1 Elm Dr
Farmingdale, NY 11735
Dr. Mahjabeen Ahmed has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Mahjabeen Ahmed has the following 12 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mahjabeen Ahmed - Posted on February 16th, 2012
Dr. Ahmed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Mahjabeen Ahmed Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mahjabeen Ahmed is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lindenhurst, NY.