Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mahmood Dadvand has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 5 of 6
After I switched insurance I was left with limited options. I made an appointment with "Dr." Dadvand. It was a huge mistake. I had already been diagnosed by a different Psychiatrist and was only looking for someone to continue my treatment. After asking me to come with him, then telling me to return to the waiting room because he did not yet have my chart, He wasted 20 minutes asking me questions regarding information already available in my chart. Halfway through the appointment he asked me what time our appointment was scheduled for. He only addressed half of my concerns, refused to listen to me regarding prior treatment and medications, dismissed my involvement in my own treatment, rushed me out of the room and told me I was welcome to a 2nd opinion. This man, in my opinion, is a terrible professional. It is my personal opinion that he is too "experienced" and close-minded to truly help someone struggling with mental illness. After the appointment I spent 10 minutes crying in my car. Dr. Dadvand did the opposite of what is expected from a mental health professional, I left feeling worse and much more hopeless and frustrated.
45 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Hahnemann University Hospital
Dr. Mahmood Dadvand accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mahmood Dadvand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norristown, PA.