Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mahmoud A Issa has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 12
I went to Dr.Issa for bowel problems. It took 3 months to get in to see him. I then waited over 2 hours due to his receptionist giving me the wrong time. Dr.Issa spent 3 minutes talking to me and rushed with all of his patients. I had a colonoscopy and Dr.Issa said I have IBS-C and a fissure but said there's no need for follow up because the fissure will heal on it's own.He prescribed me amitzia and I told him I was having loose stools with it and he said to not take it daily then. Anyhow. this was back in July. I ended up in the E.R 3 weeks ago due to severe anal pain and the E.R dr said my fissure is so bad that I need emergency surgery. I was referred to Dr. Westbrook that's snot only a general surgeon but his specialty is the colon,butt, etc. He ended up having to do a partial lateral spinsterectomy surgery due to Dr.Issa not following up and ensuring my fissure healed.Also, I never had IBS -C. Turns out I've got a problem with my thyroid and that can cause IBS symptoms and Dr.Westbrook told me, loose stools and constipation cause fissures and cause them not to heal. However Dr.Issa never once told me that the loose stools would effect my fissure. Very horrible place!
47 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1971
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Mahmoud A Issa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJacksonville Digestive Diseases, 224 Memorial Dr Ste A, Jacksonville, NC
Dr. Mahmoud A Issa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, NC.