Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mahyar M Parvin has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Mahyar M Parvin has the following 19 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Developmental Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Mahyar M Parvin has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mahyar M Parvin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 58
Very long wait. Also wanted to keep a credit card on file and be allowed to charge it at their discretion. He uses the very short rating scales supplied only by the drug companies. There is no person at this practice who can perform and score the tests given by a real psychological clinician; such as a licensed neuropsychologist - we asked. You have to go elsewhere for those tests. Wanted to prescribe 4 things after 5 minutes into first visit; claimed to make a diagnosis in 5 minutes. The therapist had credentials - i.e. degrees and license on the wall, but the doctor did not; checked and he went to some place in the Phillipines, not the United States, for his medical degree. Very pompous; when we disagreed with him, he got very defensive and offended. He also completely misinterpreted many things in the remaining 10 minutes in his attempt to bend the conversation into his completely wrong diagnosis. Never going back to this place.
talks about himself a lot. does not listen. wanted to tell me what was wrong with me and not make an actual diagnosis. was very off topic and strange - wasted time telling a story that had nothing to do with me or helping me. also acted really bizarre - maybe trying to be funny? not professional. will never go back. 2 hour wait.
Dr. Parvin and his staff have gone way overboard helping my family and I feel I'm now successful and able to do well in my own career because of his support. His staff have all been very helpful despite how busy it can get. I wish I could go back to Illinois and thank him but since getting promoted we've moved..looking for another dr half as good now wish me luck! Don't know why it's so hard.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
18 Years Experience
Fatima Jinnah Medical College For Women
Graduated in 2000
Southern Illinois University
Dr. Mahyar M Parvin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mahyar M Parvin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plainfield, IL.