Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mai H Nguyen has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 25
Oh god. Please save yourself the stress, anxiety and grief. If you didn't have anxiety already, you would definitely develop it sitting in front of her. So let me tell you my experience with doctor dearest. I received a reminder call this morning of my appointment from the front office lady. Good confirmed. I show up 15 minutes early, as instructed, filled out all the necessary paper work. The office is... dull. Lacking in personally, warmth and comfort. It feels like you're in a third world clinic. You get called in, and you sit in this small room, with chairs lined up against the wall. and her humongous desk taking up 3/4 of the room, leaving you with maybe area the size of full size bed to sit in. Mind you, you're not sitting directly in front of her either. So, she begins talking asking you about your symptoms. She's very... precise... would be the nice word to use. She only wants symptoms and dates of occurrence. And she will pressure you into giving more information. It felt like an interrogation. She was not interested WHY you felt that way. She wanted to know how you felt that way. HOW? I wouldn't be in there if I knew HOW. She judges you and belittles you for your lifestyle. I was sooooooo glad and sooooo relieved to be out of there. I'm sure you can find better, more sympathetic, less cold, psychiatrists out there. I'm sure as heck going to. Oh, and she doesn't fill out paperwork. If you need to have forms filled out for work or unemployment or disability, they charge an administrative fee. I've never heard of a doctor charging you money for a doctor's note. I'm pretty sure they make good enough money off my insurance, but to then charge a fee for filling out paperwork, sounds like a crook to me. BEWARE!
I have to agree with the reviews here, my mother went there and I accompanied her on occassion.It wasn't long before I saw how unprofessional, rude, impatient, and disinterested this doctor was. I also got a weird outburst from her, after asking simple mental health questions...I don't have much experience or knowledge in mental health and it's a stressful situation, she totally made it worse.
she is so incompetent, unethical, and unprofessional. I bet when asked to take medical exams again, she would certainly failed on most but only surely passed the arrogant. She thought most of her patients are vietnamese who don't know how to file complaints therefore, she does careless about her behaviors and conducts. She overdruged me for too long, only because she selfishly wanted my insurance and copayment. I am currently filed complaint formally against her with the Medical Board of California about her incompentent, unethical, and unprofessional behaviors and conducts.
44 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Mai H Nguyen accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMai Hoang Nguyen Md, 14501 Magnolia St Ste 109, Westminster, CA
Dr. Mai H Nguyen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westminster, CA.