Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mai F Sharaf
Dr. Mai F Sharaf, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Worth, TX, with another office in Southlake, TX. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Sharaf is affiliated with Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth. Dr. Sharaf has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Mai F Sharaf has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mai F Sharaf has the following 10 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Mai F Sharaf has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 69
My labs came back with high cholesterol and triglicerides. Dr. Sharaf practically went into hysterics over it and wouldn't listen to me tell her that I've had that before and was able to bring the numbers down. She wouldn't listen to a word and made me feel like a babbling fool. At the same time my head was hurting so bad that my face was tender to the touch and I was trying to tell her about it and ask what was causing that and she just said, "I don't know what that is". I felt like a retard by the time I left because she was carrying on so much and not listening to a word I said. I'll not go back for any more of that nonsense.
Excellent, excellent Doctor, very proactive about your health, any issues you are having ,she spends the necessary time with you, I never feel hurried or rushed. She has an incredible personal touch,and makes you comfortable. She discovered through blood work 2 important issues I had been complaining of with my past Internal Med dr for years, and can't believe the difference 2 OTC supplements made in how I feel .
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Sharaf is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Mai F Sharaf accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mai F Sharaf is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.