Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maia U Chakerian has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Maia U Chakerian has the following 10 expertise
- Migraine Disorders
- Pelvic Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Cancer Pain
- Acute Pain
- Herniated Disc
Dr. Maia U Chakerian has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Maia U Chakerian is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I have been a patient gor 10 years & I have been amazed with the caring, responsible, professional medical care services from Dr. Chakerian. Her ability to involve my family in my care; a non-judgemental & sensitive approach to pain management. Of all of my doctors (5) she has been the only one that truly shows that she cares for me as a person, not one more patient in pain.
I have been a patient of Dr. Chakerian for nearly 10 years. I couldn't imagine having a better doctor. I am shocked at the other reviews. Not only has she effectively treated my pain and kept me working, thank God, she is always exploring newer and more effective pain management for me. If she is late, it's because she never has rushed me, or I have to assume anyone else, out of an appointment. She works with me until we find some sort of solution to keep me going. She stays up to date on all new meds and procedures and offers them all to me as an option then thoroughly discusses any side effects etc. Her super calm demeanor comforts me, I'm usually a mess and stressed by the time I get into an appointment. Multiple times she has been able to get an authorization for procedures such as epidurals within a day or two...Fantastic! I guess it's true that only unhappy people write reviews, I'm happy to offer mine.
This is by far the worst office I have ever been referred to. The staff is ride and aggressive and the doctor would rather be anywhere than where she is...stay away
Please call the office and let us know who you are and how we can address your specific complaints. Being anonymous and not giving feedback directly does not allow us to make improvements.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
34 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Maia U Chakerian accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Humana Choice POS
Locations & Directions
Dr. Maia U Chakerian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Gatos, CA.