Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maida Wong has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Maida Wong has the following 15 expertise
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Spine Inflammation (Spondylarthropathies)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Maida Wong has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Maida Wong is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Every course of treatment is discussed and she listens to what you have to say as well as what the labs say. Will to treat the disease aggressively, which is needed. My only problem is she is normally only available on one day of the week for a short amount of time, a day which is not convenient for me, but she is also willing to accommodate.
Dr. Wong is professional and courteous and makes sure that you understand what is happening with your body, your disease, and your treatment. During my first appointment, she spent an hour and a half answering questions and offered extensive outside resources so that I could learn about my condition (dermatomyositis). I was able to communicate with her via email and she was willing to work remotely with my out of state doctors while I attended college. Occasionally (not normally), it takes a little while to get taken back, but she is always extremely apologetic and it is always due to spending extra time with another patient who needs it. Appointments are easy to get if you make them in advanced, and Dr. Wong has been very accommodating, sometimes scheduling last minute appointments on her off-days.
16 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maida Wong in this video.
Dr. Maida Wong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Long Beach, CA.