Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Majd A Hakim
Dr. Majd A Hakim, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Frederick, MD. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Hakim is affiliated with Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center and Medstar Montgomery Medical Center. Dr. Hakim has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Majd A Hakim has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Majd A Hakim has the following 18 expertise
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Lipid Disorders
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 43
I recommend that you NEVER see this doctor if you have thyroid problems. She will only base treatment on tests and will NOT take into consideration your symptoms. She has terrible bedside manner and does not listen to her patients. Dr. Hakim is not current with research and treatment. She also does not take into consideration diet and/or holistic approaches to treatment.
Dr Hakim is by far, the best Dr I've ever had. She is deeply concerned about her patients and does not stop until a diagnosis and proper treatment is found. She's very knowledgable about not only endocrine diseases, but a wide spectrum of other medical issues. I know I'm in good hands with her Dr Hakim is a Dr that I look forward to seeing at all my appointments
Dr. Hakim is very nice, but I don't feel like she listens at all to my symptoms or how I actually FEEL. I have been going to her for hypothyroid for a year and a half. For that entire time, I have been complaining about a variety of symptoms. She insists that my thyroid numbers are within range, and therefore none of my many symptoms are being caused by my thyroid - even though other doctors have told me they are. To her, it is black and white. Numbers in range = I am fine. She won't change my meds. She doesn't seem to care at all about how I am actually feeling.
Dr. Hakim used time of the visit to share with me her experience with OTHER patients instead of listening anything about me. Actually it turned out that one of her patients got on awesome meal plan since Dr. Hakim could not help her as well so now that's what Dr. Hakim is selling to other patience. She has very much by the book approach, not a step to the side.
Dr. Hakim is thorough and a very nice person. I would like to recommend her but the office staff is not worth the hassle. Who sends a letter to reschedule an appointment instead of calling the patient? Dr. Hakim's staff. Who makes you wait in the office while the person who is supposed to be helping you is on a personal phone call? Dr Hakim's staff. Etc. etc. etc.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hakim is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1992
St Elizabeth U-Seton Hall U
Dr. Majd A Hakim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFrederick Internal Medicine Endocrinology, 65 Thomas Johnson Dr Ste C, Frederick, MD
Dr. Majd A Hakim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Frederick, MD.