Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Majjida Ahmed
Dr. Majjida Ahmed, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Whittier, CA. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine and General Practice. Dr. Ahmed is affiliated with Los Angeles Community Hospital, Western Medical Center - Anaheim and Whittier Hospital Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Majjida Ahmed has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 7
I love Dr. Ahmed and her nurse practitioner Elke Wurzbach. Her nurses are good during appointments as well. The problem is her office staff. They are horrible at processing paperwork. Referrals are not processed quickly. Any forms you need filled out take days. Try calling in and they will put you on hold forever and sometimes forget about you. I am sorry but my health should not have to wait for her lazy staff to get around to me.
Dr. Ahmed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Los Angeles Community Hospital
Western Medical Center - Anaheim
Whittier Hospital Medical Center
East Los Angeles Doctor's Hospital
Western Medical Center - Santa Ana
Pacific Hospital of Long Beach
Los Alamitos Medical Center
Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital
Garfield Medical Center
Coast Plaza Doctors Hospital
31 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Majjida Ahmed accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions12826 Philadelphia St, Whittier, CA
Dr. Majjida Ahmed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Whittier, CA.