Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mala S Shetty has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mala S Shetty has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Mala S Shetty has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mala S Shetty is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I have been a patient of Dr Shetty for more than 10 years. She may be a bit behind in her appointment times, but that is because she takes the time to listen to each of your concerns. She is a rare find in a doctor these days. I asked her if my daughter could become a patient and she said when she was less than 30 minutes behind for her appointments, consistently, she would accept new patients. I appreciated her honesty as well as her awareness of how she was perceived by her patients. For 10 or more years she has taken the time to listen to my concerns and complaints, to get to know me as a person as well as a patient and prescribe what she and I both agreed upon as the best possible next step in care for me. Above and beyond doesn't begin to say what she does every hour of every day as a health care professional.
Today I called Dr Shetty's office to inquire about availability. She was recomended by 2 other providers and I am looking for a new PCP. The female that answered the phone informed me that Dr Shetty was not taking new patients. She also said what sounded like "her panels are full." I asked her to repeat and it sounded the same. Being a healthcare professional myself, and being unfamiliar with use of the word "panels" in a medical context, I asked "are you saying panels as in wall panels?" She hung up on me! Well, that says it all for me.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
25 Years Experience
Adichunchanagiri Institute Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1993
Berkshire Medical Center
Dr. Mala S Shetty accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBerkshire Internal Medicine, 51 S Church St, Pittsfield, MA
Dr. Mala S Shetty is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsfield, MA.