Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mala A Thenappan has the following 1 specialty
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I have had Dr. Thenappan perform 4 surgeries on me. I would not even think of seeing another surgeon. She is very concerned and very compassionate. Spends as much time as needed to explain the procedure and spends time with follow up. She was always willing to answer any questions. My primary MD recommended her initially and I respect any recommendations for MDs that my primary makes. Dr. Thenappan's hospital visits were never rushed. You feel that she really is concerned about you as a person, not just another patient. I'm sorry that some others did not have the same experience with her.
This is the most compassionate doctor I have ever seen. She is a very talented doctor. She took care of my husband a few months ago and did a laparoscopic colon surgery and he did very well. She spends as much time as needed to make you feel comfortable and to answer all the questions we had. We would love to clone her to make more doctors like her. Thanks for everything Dr. Thenappan!!
I had presented to Dr. Thenappan with a hernia. I brought with me on my first visit, the letter from the Wheaton business office that had granted a discount of 100% due to extreme financial hardship. The office staff were very rude when they read it and brought out the Dr. I was asked in front of the other patients in the waiting room why I had this letter. They were very snippy and said there might be charges from the Dr. I was humiliated in front of all the people. The surgery was scheduled and went fine. At my post surgery check up, I waited as the Dr. was running 20 minutes behind schedule. When she did get to me, she asked how I was feeling, snipped a quarter inch of a stitch that had popped out and spent 20 minutes talking about a wedding she attended with her brother the previous weekend. I was then billed $350 for that appointment. The snipping of the stitch has been coded as a "surgical procedure". Had I known this was the extent of the check up, I would have skipped it. Several months later, the business office checked with me and recommended that I resubmit the discounted services letter to the Dr for consideration. After 3 months of waiting for a response, the Dr. has rejected any discount, despite the recommendation of her employer. There are many surgeons out there. I would highly recommend finding a compassionate surgeon who understands that not everyone is able to bill $350 for one minutes work of work.
Dr. Thenappan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1993
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. Mala A Thenappan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMala Thenappan Md, 3070 N 51st St Ste 100, Milwaukee, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mala A Thenappan in this video.
Dr. Mala A Thenappan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.