Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Malak Zacca Shammas
Dr. Malak Zacca Shammas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Beverly Hills, CA, with other offices in Woodland Hills, CA and Los Angeles, CA (and 1 other location). She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Zacca Shammas is affiliated with California Hospital Medical Center, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and Memorial Hospital of Gardena. She speaks English.
Dr. Malak Zacca Shammas has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Malak Zacca Shammas has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Malak Zacca Shammas has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Malak Zacca Shammas is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 5
The reason why I booked this appointment was to get a lump check which required blood work. After waiting over an hour in the waiting room, I was left in a room for 45 minutes waiting for someone to come in and draw my blood, a person who I came to find out had already gone home for the day...therefore what I came in for in the first place wasn't even addressed. The office assistant, Loreanna, told me after I came out of the room wondering why no one had come in to draw my blood that the lady had gone home and that I would have to come back. I never did go back into this office because I was so annoyed with being forgotten about in that room when the person I was waiting for had already gone home. Month later I received another bill for this visit that I had already paid after I left the office. I paid in cash and was unable to find a receipt months after the fact...all I can say is DO NOT PAY IN CASH. Better to pay electronically so you can tract the transaction. Overall I was very disappointed with my experience in this office. I would not recommend this office to a friend. I know this was my first and only visit to this office, so I would not qualify myself as an expert on this office's abilities. However, I can say that this office made a horrible first impression on me.
Dr. Malak Shammas is by far the best doctor that I have ever gone to see. When I arrived I was greeted by her receptionist who was eager to answer any questions that I had. I barely had to wait 5 minutes to see Dr. Shammas, and in a city of "hour long waits" that was refreshing. Not only was Dr. Shammas informed and professional, but her bedside manner is unsurpassed. She has such a calming tone and demeanor that you feel like you can tell her anything. She cares, helps, and listens. I cannot recommend her enough. If you are looking for a doctor who is truly the best, then look no further.
Dr. Zacca Shammas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
California Hospital Medical Center
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Memorial Hospital of Gardena
24 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Malak Zacca Shammas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Malak Zacca Shammas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beverly Hills, CA.