Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Malcolm M Kirk MD
Dr. Malcolm M Kirk, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cranston, RI, with other offices in Woonsocket, RI and North Providence, RI . He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Cardiovascular Disease. He speaks English.
Dr. Malcolm M Kirk has 3 locations
1681 Cranston St Ste E
Cranston, RI 02920
68 Cumberland St Ste 103
Woonsocket, RI 02895
Dr. Malcolm M Kirk has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Malcolm M Kirk has the following 8 expertise
- Coronary Disease
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
Dr. Malcolm M Kirk is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Just bought the extended warantee on life
Self-verified patient of Dr. Malcolm M Kirk - Posted on March 31st, 2016
My mother was rushed to the hospital where Dr. Kirk gave her a pace maker. She had a total heart block, a heart rate of 38 with blood pressure off the charts. Prior to the procedure he described what he planned to do in detailed. She has no bruising. He is precise and has an excellent team. My mother is an energetic 98 who takes no meds.
Dr Malcolm Kirk, "Top Notch"
Self-verified patient of Dr. Malcolm M Kirk - Posted on May 9th, 2015
Excellent Doctor. Well known in his field. Extremely concerned for his patients. I know, I'm one of them. His level of expertise on cardiac procedures and events is top notch. He is dedicated to his profession, a true gentleman, and a very humble human being. After a heart procedure with him he was going on vacation. He called in the middle of it to let me know I wasn't alone and to call him if there was a problem. What Doctor does that nowadays? He's as genuine as they come.
The Doctor is a Gentleman
Self-verified patient of Dr. Malcolm M Kirk - Posted on April 5th, 2010
I would highly recommend Doctor Kirk. He always takes the time to talk with me. He even reads and responds to e-mail which I find to be exceptional. Unfortunately, my cardiologist waited far too long to refer me to Dr. Kirk. But soon after the initial consultation, he developed a plan that resulted in a reduction and finally the elimination of my atrial fribulation (AF).
30 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Malcolm M Kirk Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Malcolm M Kirk is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Cranston, RI.