Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Malcolm D Roberts has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
He ruined my whole life. He caused my neighbors and teachers and classmates to reject me. I was rejected and unloved my whole life cause he made lies about me as a child, and as a young adult!!! He is one evil man!!! They were setting me up to become m.i. by influencing people to reject me. They did a good job at ruining my life. He wants to keep talking negatively about me for no good apparent reason!!!! I grew up catholic, and had perfect conduct throughtout my whole life.
I went to Florida Behavioral hospital for help and I put my trust in Dr. Roberts.He took me off a medication I was on for many years and switched me to a newer medication, I was forced to leave way before I was ready and was sent home with the wrong dose of medication and got very, very ill.Basically I went home 1,000 time worse then when I entered.Dr. Roberts is done with you once you walk out the front door.When I called to get the medication mistake corrected, I was blown off from him directly and told to find a primary care physician to make the correction.I suffered for two weeks until I found a doctor to correct a simple mistake that he should have corrected immediatly.I have record of the mistake and so does my new doctor.I wish I'd never trusted him with my overall well being.Beware!
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
29 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Malcolm D Roberts accepts the following insurance providers.
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLakeside Behavioral Healthcare, 1800 Mercy Dr Ste 302, Orlando, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Malcolm D Roberts in this video.
Dr. Malcolm D Roberts is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orlando, FL.