Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Meir Spinner has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Meir Spinner has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Meir Spinner has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
From the beginning, I thought Dr Spinner did not have a very caring attitude, He would sit there, shrug his shoulders, and stammer his thoughts about what I said. Not very proactive in terms of coming up with a treatment plan. He then pushed me to see him weekly for "therapy". So he can shrug his shoulders some more and make a few more bucks. This is the type of guy you only want to see once a month for meds, max. Weekly visits would be a waste of money. Unfortunately money is all he seems to care about. The other day I was notified by my pharmacy that my prescription needs a prior authorization from Dr Spinner. Dr Spinner then went out of his way to call me and tell me that in order for him to call my insurance company to give the authorization, I would need to first book an appointment to see him and only during that time would he make the phone call. His reasoning "I'm a very busy person. I cannot be bothered with issues like this which take some time". A "very caring doctor" indeed? Never in my life have I been charged for a doctor to make a phone call on my behalf. From my experience, the phone call is several minutes long, max. Telling a patient that he will get his meds only if he pays for an extra session so the doctor could make a phone call, is ridiculous. I should mention that on several occasions, Dr Spinner had suddenly cancelled or moved my appointments with as little as one hour notice. He would then not follow up to reschedule with me. Needless to say, I am off to find a new doctor, and quickly,
Dr. Spinner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St John's Episcopal Hospital
Interfaith Medical Center
27 Years Experience
Universita Degli Studi Di Roma La Sapienza (Facolta I)
Graduated in 1986
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1316 Union St, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Meir Spinner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.