Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Malik E Mckany has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Malik E Mckany has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Malik E Mckany has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Malik E Mckany is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Terrible bedside manner. Recognized me as a former employee of hospital and immediately said all nurses think they have cancer. Gave a unnecessarily rough exam and walked out of room without allowing me to ask him any questions. The girls in the room looked embarrassed. Wou.d never go back to him. Told a friend about experience. She had seen him fox cancer diagnosis. He told her she was fine and told her husband that she was hysterical and he should take her out to dinner. TURNS OUT SHE DID HAVE CANCER!
I was referred to dr Malik for a possible hernia. staff is very friendly by the way. while I was in the room I could hear him rush from room to room. telling patients cough, cough, yep you got hernia lets schedule you for surgery. when it came time for me he was very rushed and said same thing. I never had this before and no surgery before so I had questions and it seemed to throw him out of groove. he did spend a few minutes with me but I got the impression that this was a chop shop where "everyone" has a hernia and needs surgery so he can rake in the thousands upon thousands of dollars. I am getting a 2nd opinion. I just didn't feel like my best interests was at stake. He could be very good, I don't know but the rush, rush feeling and lets get you into surgery didn't set well with me as I am not even sure if I have a hernia or not. my primary doctor said he wasn't sure either. but based upon the rushed experience and his rush for surgery I am getting a 2nd opinion. you don't have to wait long for your appointment I might say as he rushes through everyone so fast. So that is about only positive if you don't like waiting. but when it comes to surgery I don't mind the wait to make sure surgery is necessary.
I needed a hernia repair. I was seen the same day as the referral from my primary care doctor. Surgery was scheduled for two weeks later. I was well prepared for what to expect. There was only minor pain that was easily managed with Advil. No need to use the opiate drugs. The incisions were the least painful part and very small. This is the only surgery I have ever had.
For 25 years I had problems where I would get flu like symptons and get to the point when I vomited bile. I sought treatment at hospitals in Florida, Ohio, Hawaii, Michigan, and Illinois. I had gone to St. Joe's on a few occassions and was always sent home. In January, 2008 when I was in emergency at St. Joe's Dr. McKany happened to be the surgeon that reiewed my case and immediate rushed me into surgery. Since then I am like a new person and owe it all to Dr. McKany he's the man!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mckany is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital
Dr. Malik E Mckany accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMalik Elias Mckany Md, 44555 Woodward Ave Ste 101, Pontiac, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Malik E Mckany in this video.
Dr. Malik E Mckany is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pontiac, MI.