Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mallikarjuna R Mukka has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Chest Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Mukka and his office staff were absolutely wonderful. We called for an appointment and got in the next day. His nurse reassured us as to what was going to happen at our visit that day and what to expect. My husband has multiple health issues and Dr. Mukka explained everything that was wrong in words we could understand and explained what the next options were. He spent over an hour with us and then referred my husband to other doctors and tests. His nurse scheduled everything that day and was able to get us in for everything within a few days. Dr. Mukka personally called us as soon as he got the results of everything and let us know how to proceed. I recommend this doctor to anyone who needs a good PCP.
My elderly mother was admitted to the ER from a nursing home with excruciating (crying out), pain. He did not xray or follow up on her pain. Several days later she was re-admitted for the continuing pain and my sister had to demand he xray her. After a long struggle, Mom was diagnosed with a broken hip, elbow and humerus. Her lab for thyroid was way out of whack. She was taken to surgery immediately for a prosthetic hip replacement. He was indifferent to her suffering.
22 Years Experience
Gandhi Medical College
Graduated in 1996
St Barnabas Medical Center
Dr. Mallikarjuna R Mukka accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mallikarjuna R Mukka is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.