Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mamdouh M Riad has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
I had given up on this guy a long time ago. If you are an older woman, he gives you no chance to speak. At one point he told me to just be quiet and answer his questions. The final straw was when my husband had an emergency hospitalization. He was taken off his blood pressure medicine in the hospital with instructions to go back on it when he saw his personal physician. When we went to see Riad, he acted as others have described, with his nose in his computer. When we mentioned his three-day hospitalization, he said he vaguely remembered seeing a note about that. When he started to dismiss us, I questioned him about my husband's blood pressure medicine. He said my husband didn't need it! We went to another doctor who got my husband back on his medication. The best person in that office is Diane. Rosa is very nice, but she messes things up frequently.
Mr. (doesn't deserve to be called Dr.) Riad is the worst doctor I have ever visited. He literally took 2 minutes and refused to even examine me after referral - meaning he refused treatment of ANY kind. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY - SHOULD BE REVIEWED BY MASS. MEDICAL BOARD. Rude, apathetic, unprofessional. Didn't even look at me. Should not be allowed to collect for a 2 minute "appointment". I would give NO STARS if possible.
This man should not be allowed to practice medicine. He is rude & arrogant and does not care at all about his patients. Agreed he'd rather play on his computer than listen to what is actually wrong with you. He was handed a report from a neurologist about some concerns (ie, possible diabeties). He glances at the report (did not read) and returned it. The report indicated no need for any meds regarding any neurological problem. Three days later, on a Sunday, got a call from the pharmacy that prescription is ready. Pick up the meds which were a patch to treat Alzheimer's. Was woke up all night with nightmares & diareha. Called the neurologist & was told to take the patch off. Nobody, even if they should be on this med, should start on such a high dose. So, did Dr Riad assume he should medicate just because he glanced at a report from a neurologist? He did not address the diabetes & this was suppose to be an annual appointment. Will never give this man another chance to incorrectly medicate. Looking into filing formal complaint with the state as well as informing the insurance company of his tactics
35 Years Experience
Ain Shams University
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Mamdouh M Riad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCape Cod Arthritis & Rheumatology, 700 Attucks Ln Unit 2A, Hyannis, MA
Dr. Mamdouh M Riad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hyannis, MA.