Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mamina M Turegano MD
Dr. Mamina M Turegano has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Mamina M Turegano has the following 10 expertise
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mamina M Turegano - Posted on February 23rd, 2019
Dr. Turegano is everything that you could hope for in a doctor and more. Recently my husband suffered from a chronic extremely uncomfortable skin condition. Dr. Turegano was the only dermatologist we visited that was interested and caring enough to try to find a solution to his problem. She went above and beyond in her efforts. Unfortunately, the condition was a symptom of a blood cancer terminal disease similar to leukemia. I am eternally grateful for the kindness and compassion Dr. Turegano and her most helpful staff showed my husband. He was treated with dignity and respect. They brought him some comfort in his last days, a blessing in a dismal time.
my favorite dermatologist!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mamina M Turegano - Posted on February 6th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mamina M Turegano - Posted on January 10th, 2019
Amazing dermatologist and personal
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mamina M Turegano - Posted on June 20th, 2018
Dr. Turegano has been so attentive and thorough during my visits with her. She takes a holistic approach in her care and tries to get to the root of the problem. She is also so kind and caring (and super smart), and I’ve recommended my family and friends to her. If you’re looking for a dermatologist in the New Orleans area, I absolutely encourage you to see her.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Dr. Mamina M Turegano Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOLD METAIRIE DERMATOLOGY, 701 Metairie Rd Ste 2A205, Metairie, LA
Dr. Mamina M Turegano is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Metairie, LA.