Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mamta K Jain has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mamta K Jain has the following 7 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
Dr. Mamta K Jain has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
My 90 y/o father had his kidney and spleen removed--dr Jain was assigned to our case. After several days of decline and pain , we told Dr Jain we wished to seek hospice. She called us in a group meeting with several other doctors and basically made us feel like executioners- told us we should leave him in hospital 5-7 more days. 2 more days of screaming in pain and delirium , we had finally had had enough- we contacted hospice and my father was immediately moved to hospice and out of pain, in a clean quiet setting where he passed 1.5 days later. We could have saved him agony and had a few more days with him had she LISTENED to the family . Tragic and something I will never forget. Felt as though she was bilking us for more days at the hospital regardless of my dads condition. Shame on her.
Does not communicate well with patients, no bedside manner, no compassion, no people skills what so ever. She does not seem to be well versed in her so called specialty. She doesn't listen nor does she remember anything from previous appointments. Very careless, cold and unapproachable. Do not seek medical care with her.
22 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Mamta K Jain accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsUt Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Dr. Mamta K Jain is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.