Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Manish K Madan has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Manish K Madan has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Manish K Madan has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Manish K Madan is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Doctor came highly referred, but I would not recommend it. After 5 appointments I received the same diagnosis of IBS-C. Each visit was shorter then the other, and each visit I heard the same chorus, drink Metamucil and take a probiotic. My 6th appointment I was told I don't have IBS and was prescribed amitryptiline, and beladonna after a 1o minute visit. I still have the same pain I have had for 18 months with no improvement. Nothing coming out of your mouth will be considered if the diagnosing tools he uses (scans, barium studies, etc) don't show a clear as day issue. Very frustrated with the lack of care I received, would not recommend unless your pain is as evident as a knife sticking out your side.
I met with Dr Madan 5 years ago for a colonoscopy at 40 yrs & again for several issues at 45. He is very professional & through. I have performed 2 of the 3 tests that he has ordered - hoping to find a diagnosis. Both my husband & I like his straight forward communication style & unwillingness to give up on a problem.
Dr. Madan was wonderful....I was diagnoised with colon cancer during a routine colonscopy. I was only 46yrs. They thought I was bleeding because of a blood thinner I was on. Dr. Madan was so nice and reassuring. He even came up to my room and gave me his personal home phone number in case I had more questions. He made me feel "ok" with the fact I had cancer and that it could be taken care of. His PA was just as nice. Even though he didn't do my surgery, I am seeing him next week for a 1 year follow up with another colonoscopy...I trust him and feel very comfortable with him doing this procedure again.
38 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Sisters Of Charity Hospital
Dr. Manish K Madan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Manish K Madan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, NY.