More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Manoj N Narayanan has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Zero on bedside manner. Does not answer questions well, gets very sarcastic and condescending when you ask a question he doesn't not know the answer to. I don't feel that any doctor in any field knows every answer off the top of his head. That is okay, just offer to research and get back. They are prompt, and the office is clean. They are prompt, in part due to the fact that he will only spend 3 or 4 minutes with you, then tell you everything us "normal" and leave.
Dr. Narayanan does not either know or does not have the time to explain the answer to the question you ask him. The only answer he has given, unless pressed to explain, is it is normal. I am looking for an explanation of why that is normal not just an okay everything is fine see you next time. He is also confrontational when you ask about something that goes against the grain like spacing immunization shots. He will tell you that your insurance will not pay if you do it that way. I have had few check ups with him but what I have seen leads me to believe he is not right Dr. for my child.
41 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1977
St Louis Childrens Hospital
Dr. Manoj N Narayanan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNarayanan Pediatric Clinic, 3964 Goodman Rd E Ste 133, Southaven, MS
Dr. Manoj N Narayanan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southaven, MS.