Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Manoj Panwala
Dr. Manoj Panwala, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charlotte Hall, MD. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Panwala is affiliated with Calvert Memorial Hospital, Medstar St Marys Hospital and St Mary's Hospital. Dr. Panwala has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Manoj Panwala has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Manoj Panwala is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
He prescribed me painkillers for 7 days and wrote me a note for 2 days. I asked him for an mri and he refused. I found another Dr to get an mri.. Turns out I had a serious spinal injury. He still wouldn't cover me for the 2 days it took me to see the competiant doctor. As a result I lost my job of 10 years. I went to his office to show him the mri. He said he was not interested in looking at it. And that was that. Total hack.
TREATED BADLY BECAUSE OF BEING AN ALOCHOLIC AND HELD THAT AGAINST ME SAYING I HAV E CAUSED MY OWN PROBLEMS, NO COMPASSION OR UNDERSTANDING JUST JUDGEMNETAL AND IGNORANT LEFT THERE CRYING AS A CANCER PATIENT IN REMISSION, NO HELP AT ALL DO NOT GO THERE, HE SHOULD NOT BE A DOCTOR WITH THE KIND OF ETHICS HE SHOWED AND IT WASNT THE FIRST TIME, MY SECOND VISIT AND I AM DONE, A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Panwala is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Calvert Memorial Hospital
Medstar St Marys Hospital
St Mary's Hospital
17 Years Experience
St. George's University
Graduated in 1996
Prince Georges Hospital Center
Dr. Manoj Panwala accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsShah Associates, 37767 Market Dr, Charlotte Hall, MD
Dr. Manoj Panwala is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte Hall, MD.