Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mansur I Nathoo has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Mansur I Nathoo has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Mansur I Nathoo is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Nathoo does not work with his daughter or as a psychiatrist in the office (he only practices Internal Medicine). I am not sure if the previous reviewer was paid or really going through something rough, but Dr. Nathoo is very patient and very knowledgeable. He has been practicing for a really long time and I think he is a wonderful doctor.
I had anxiety issues stemming from some life problems - I eventually went to a psychologist and was able to get the care I needed. Nathoo and his daughter kept pushing Paxil - it seems like they maybe getting some kind of incentive from Paxil. I found it very creepy the way they kept pushing Paxil to me, I ended up with a prescription I never used - I knew my problems did not need paxil, they needed some emotional work. They seem hardly concerned about me, from the moment I walked into his examining room, I seemed to be a candidate to push Paxil, he hardly seem to want to hear what I had to say about my condition, he and his daughter just wanted to be a sales agent for Paxil.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
46 Years Experience
Kakatiya Medical College
Graduated in 1972
New York University Downtown Hospital
Dr. Mansur I Nathoo accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMansur Ismail Nathoo Md, 1300 Bay Area Blvd, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mansur I Nathoo in this video.
Dr. Mansur I Nathoo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.