Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Manuel A Gonzalez has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Manuel A Gonzalez has the following 11 expertise
- Parkinson Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Essential Tremor
Dr. Manuel A Gonzalez has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
After several visits to this neurologist, where I spent over an hour of wait time at each visit, and only 5 to 10 minutes in face to face consultation, he was not able to accurately diagnose my illness. Unfortunately, he insisted it was all in my head and dismissed me from his care. Luckily, I was financially able to consult with a top credentialed nationally ranked neurologist who immediately diagnosed my Parkinson Disease put me on the right medications and physical therapy program which has improved my overall existence. Dr. Gonzalez is the Physician gate keeper for the neurosurgeons in the office for DBS for advanced Parkinson patients, he shows no sympathy for early diagnosed patients who need med therapy and physical therapy. Please don't waste your time or money, and go elsewhere where you will be treated with care and respect.
Dr. Gonzalez gets overwhelmed with patients who have several issues going on. At first, he tells you all the procedures he is going to do to help you improve your health and then all of a sudden he dismisses you with NO HOPE whatsoever. They way he talks sometimes shows lack of expertise and true knowledge on what he is doing. He makes you wonder if he really knows what he is talking about. Look around for a better option if you are a patient with a movement disorder disease.
Dr. Manuel A Gonzalez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsManuel Alejandro Gonzalez Md, 106 Boston Ave, Altamonte Springs, FL
Dr. Manuel A Gonzalez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Altamonte Springs, FL.