Dr. Manuel Dumlao Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Manuel Dumlao?

Posted on August 25th, 2016

He was caring and understanding about my situation.

Execellent and experienced psychiatrist.

Posted on November 20th, 2014

Very experienced and thorough. Answered all my questions. Available for followup. Extensive knowledge of medication effects and side effects. Adjusted medications over time. Works with excellent social workers/therapists for extended psuchotherapy & counseling. These comments apply to Dr. Dumlao's Bingham Farms office as well.

So Appreciative

Posted on July 24th, 2014

I was able to meet with this doctor within a couple weeks of making the appointment which is rare or a psychiatrist. There was some wait time for my appointment however when it was my turn to speak with Dr. Dumlao he took all the time in the world to go thoroughly through everything with me and explained things very clearly. One of the best doctors I have seen. He is a great listener.

Completely unprofessional

Posted on February 8th, 2013

First off, it is just common courtesy if someone is late to apologize. When "professionals" threaten a $75 cancellation fee if you can't cancel within 24 hrs but make you wait nearly an hour without an acknowledging your time they've wasted it really just displays arrogance and lack of appreciation for others. Secondly, he's completely impersonal and flirting heavily with rude. If someone truly needs help I would not recommend seeking out Dr. Dumalo to ensure a recovery.

Seriously?

Posted on June 1st, 2012

I'm not quite sure how this "Medical Professional" got high ratings. My experiences with him so far have been far from "4 stared." First, it took me nearly a month to get an appointment with him. When I finally got an appointment, mind you with a scheduled appointment time to meet, I had to wait an additional hour once I got there. Lastly, my husband and I are trying to start a family, the Dr. noted this and said he needed to talk to my OBGYN to make sure what he wanted to put me on was safe. At the time I thought this was a great course of action. In the mean time, he told me I should stop smoking and cut back on the medication I was already taking. Again, I thought this was a great idea. It is now 4 days later, and my OBGYN has called the Dr.'s office each and every one of those days and the reception says "they must just be missing each other." I've been in crisis for 4 days and Dr. Dumlao doesn't seem to care. He refuses to put forth ANY effort in speaking with my other medical professional, which was HIS decision, and he also refuses to speak with me.In addition to this, during my appointment, which the "doctor" handled with such nonchalance, he took a phone call on his cell phone for 10 minutes!!!Why is it so hard to contact a patient in crisis, needing medical care, and especially another doctor he needs to speak with before prescribing medicatio

Kind, caring and knowledgeable

Posted on May 4th, 2011

Dr. Dumlao is an expert on medications and specializes in geriatrics. He is a kind doctor who cares about his patients and will always follow-up with phone calls. I have seen him for several years after having a bad experience with another doctor and he has truly contributed to my overall return to health.

Posted on October 8th, 2017