Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Manuel H Hernandez
Dr. Manuel H Hernandez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Punta Gorda, FL. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology and Dermatopathology. Dr. Hernandez is affiliated with Hialeah Hospital and Coral Gables Hospital. Dr. Hernandez has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Manuel H Hernandez has the following 2 specialties
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Biopsy
Showing 5 of 21
I've been a patient of Dr. Hernandez for 5 years and find him to be thorough, skillful and kind. He always explains procedures and outcomes and leaves me unscarred. His staff like and respect him and I have recommended him to my friends and to my family members.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2015, 2012, 2016, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2012, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hernandez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Manuel H Hernandez accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsManuel H Hernandez Md Pa, 4235 Kings Hwy Unit 101, Punta Gorda, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Manuel H Hernandez in this video.
Dr. Manuel H Hernandez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Punta Gorda, FL.