Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Manuel R Mayor
Dr. Manuel R Mayor, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Miami, FL, with another office in Coral Gables, FL. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiology. Dr. Mayor is affiliated with Mercy Hospital. Dr. Mayor has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Manuel R Mayor has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Myocardial Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Catheterization
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
My experience with Dr. Mayor changed my life! Thanks to his care, dedication, attention and the most important his sweet human way of explaining and talking not only made my mom thinking that she was gonna see one of her best friends but give her 10 extra years of quality and happy life! Dr. Mayor is like a angel worrior that will not let any sickness to win, he will fight till the point that nobody else believe is possible. He will make it possible. I won't give him 4 stars no is not fair I will give him all the stars in the sky for just being a sweet brain with the biggest heart!! God bless him!!
I would most certainly recomend this doctor to all who needs an extraordinary physician! Great bedside manners, truly knowledgable, follows up when needed.Truly an exceptional cardiologist
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2016, 2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Mayor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1987
Jackson Health System
Dr. Manuel R Mayor accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Manuel R Mayor in this video.
Dr. Manuel R Mayor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.