Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Manuel H Montemayor has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Manuel H Montemayor has the following 6 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Dr. Manuel H Montemayor has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 6
I'm hypertensive and was prescribed hydrochlorothiazide to bring blood pressure down. I had told Dr. Montemayor that I had chronic pain and took ibuprofen and stronger pain medications regularly. He never mentioned that these drugs have negative reactions with the hydro. He also knew that I've taken protein pump inhibitors that are also contraindicated while taking hydro. He never mentioned any side effects I should watch out for with the hydro. Also, I had asked for referrals to both an orthopedic surgeon and an ENT (for long-term GERD) and I didn't get those until after the third apt., reminding him each time. My overall impression is that he's not terribly engaged or interested in my well-being. I don't want to feel that way with a doctor. Looking for a new primary care dr. now.
I broke my hand on a Sunday and was able to get an appointment on Wednesday. dr. Montemayor was 40 minutes late, when he came in he looked at my hand he asked me how I broke it. I was attacked and had to defend myself and was quite embarrassed so I told him I punched someone, the doctor was amused and continued to try to get more details about 'the fight', I was uncomfortable so I brushed it off and said I just wanted to get my hand taken care of. He leaves comes back again and again tries to gossip about 'the fight' then just tosses a paper with my xrays referral to me. He never asked about any pain or any real questions about my injury. A nurse comes in puts an ace bandage on my very broken hand and that's it. No pain killers no follow up appointment nothing! I ended up going to the er on the following Saturday night. The doctor was in shock, he prescribed pain medication and put me in a real splint. It's now Wednesday and still no referral to the orthopedic from Dr Montemayor. Now I'm questioning if I will have full function of my right hand when this is over thanks to Dr Montemayor's negligence.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
- Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences F Edward Hebert School Of Medicine
Wright State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Manuel H Montemayor accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
Locations & DirectionsGrand Avenue Family Medicine, 727 W San Marcos Blvd, San Marcos, CA
Dr. Manuel H Montemayor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Marcos, CA.