Dr. Manuel Mota-Castillo Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Manuel Mota-Castillo?

Dr. Mota-Castillo cancelled Baker Act...leading to my son's death

Posted on April 5th, 2011

Dr. Mota-Castillo, whom I was told had relocated to the Jacksonville, Florida area, saw my son during two separate admissions to Fish Memorial Hospital. There was a Marchman Act and a Baker Act on my son to get the help he needed, which need Dr. Mota-Castillo confirmed. On the second admission this doctor cancelled the Baker Act and discharged my son to his own apartment after only 24 hours. My son died of an overdose one month later. Dr. Mota-Castillo recognized the need for extended, intensive treatment, but rather sent my son home to die in 2009.

Posted on March 28th, 2009

Dr. Mota spent 1 whole hour with me during my first visit! He is very calm, cool and collective. He will do what he can for you. I feel very good about finding him for my family. Thanks Dr. Mota! Keep up the fantastic work!

Posted on May 11th, 2017