More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Manuela A Orjuela has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Brain Cancer
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Showing 2 of 2
I have met all of the pediatric oncologists at Columbia during my child's extended hospital stays, and have repeatedly been appalled by how uncaring and unprofessional Dr. Orjuela is. She has an attitude of arrogance and does not seem to feel that she needs to spend any time with parents answering questions and concerns. Every time I ask her a question, she either completely ignores my concern and avoids answering or is patronizing and acts as though she should be implicitly trusted without question, simply because she is the doctor. Dr. Orjuela is insensitive and uncaring and I would NEVER recommend that anyone bring their child to her. Parents of children with cancer should be treated as part of the medical team and not dismissed by an arrogant and insensitive doctor.
Dr. Orjuela is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Dr. Manuela A Orjuela accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCUMC-SURGERY Herbert Irving Pavilion, 161 Fort Washington Ave, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Manuela A Orjuela in this video.
Dr. Manuela A Orjuela is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.