Dr. Manuela Orjuela Is this you?

2 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Manuela Orjuela?

The most uncaring pediatric oncologist I have encountered

Posted on February 21st, 2011

I have met all of the pediatric oncologists at Columbia during my child's extended hospital stays, and have repeatedly been appalled by how uncaring and unprofessional Dr. Orjuela is. She has an attitude of arrogance and does not seem to feel that she needs to spend any time with parents answering questions and concerns. Every time I ask her a question, she either completely ignores my concern and avoids answering or is patronizing and acts as though she should be implicitly trusted without question, simply because she is the doctor. Dr. Orjuela is insensitive and uncaring and I would NEVER recommend that anyone bring their child to her. Parents of children with cancer should be treated as part of the medical team and not dismissed by an arrogant and insensitive doctor.

Posted on May 12th, 2015