Dr. Maqbool A Ahmed Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Maqbool A Ahmed?

Not easy to treat pancreatic cancer but my husband is still here 21 months after diagnosis and it hasn't been easy. Thanks to Dr. Ahmed and his staff.

Although Dr. Ahmed did spend time with me at my appts, I felt like he really didn't understand how scared I was to begin with being told I have cancer. Followups I felt he acted as if I was nothing. I would tell him I am scared, or ask questions and he would answer in ways that made me feel like I hadn't been through something really traumatic, to me. I had asked for another PET Scan to be 100% sure there was nothing, but he told me not necessary and don't worry about it. Yet, I've met other people who have had followup PET Scans after surgery, chemo, etc. I never felt 'compassion' from him. He was very non chaulant (sp). It's not like I wanted him to cry, or be sad, or negative, I wanted to know I mattered and what I had been through was alot and how great I did. You know - boost my morale up.

His front desk staff were awful! There were so many HIPPA violations I heard at everyone of my appointments. They were definitely NEVER EVER compassionate, empathetic, towards me. My first time for my first chemo, I was scared to death. I expected to see friendly/empathetic people but instead got 2 girls who were busy talking to each other, or reading, or ignoring me, and then acted like I was really putting a kink in their day. EVERY TIME I WENT THERE IT WAS LIKE THAT - and the HIPPA VIOLATIONS - I wonder how many times my information was said loud enough for every one to hear. If I didn't have to go there for chemo so many times, I would have said something to them. But they were so inconsiderate, I didn't want to take a chance on them thinking of some other degrading way to treat/talk to me.

Highly Dissatisfied

Highly incompetent. Misdiagnosed cancer and order expensive treatment that was totally unnecessary. He does not stay current with his medical knowledge and has a snarky bedside manner.

Excellent doctor. Honest with you no matter what the question is. His nurses are quick to call you right back if they can't answer the phone when you call. The doctor and nurses are the best in my opinion in Evansville. Evansville needs more doctor's like Dr. Ahmed who will go that extra mile to get the diagnosis, if some of the doctor's that I seen before Dr Ahmed would of listened to me I wouldn't be terminally ill.

Dr. Ahmed is one of the few Doctors I respect. He is very knowledgeable in his field and his staff are the best!!!!

Really like his caring manner. Takes plenty of time to make sure you understand diagnosis, prognsois, treatment plan, etc.

Dr. Maqbool A Ahmed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Evansville, IN.