Dr. Marc Benton Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Marc Benton?

Expert

Posted on August 4th, 2016

One of the best physicians I've ever had. He is part of my dream team and I value his honesty and expertise. After being his patient for years now, I've come to believe that he takes his role of healer very seriously and that this specialty is a personal mission or calling for him. Thank God for gifted doctors like this.

Posted on May 21st, 2016

I was seeing a Pulmonary Specialist at HUP for three years and was getting worse. She was an excellent doctor but was focused on my sarcoidosis and failed to dx a bad case of Asthma. She had me on prednisone with all of its side effects for 2 1/2 yrs but it wasn't touching my severe shortness of breath, constant cough and vomitting. ER inhalers and nebulizer had stopped working. I was in super bad shape. One trip to Dr. Benton and everything changed! He did the same breathing tests and quickly diagnosed me with asthma! I was put on Breo, 100 mcg and within three days my symptoms cleared up. In fact, on my second visit to Dr. Benton, my lower lungs had improved 171%!

Excellent Dr and Facility

Posted on April 23rd, 2014

All I can say is, I can finally Dream again. Excellent sleep study Center, right in the same building. Very Comfortable, almost like a 5 star Hotel. So far for me, nothing but total Praise for Dr Benton and SleepWell Centers of NJ. Dr Benton, NJ's Top Doctor's..

Rude, Doesn't Listen to Patient, only makes assumptions, extremely defensive, Poor Record keeping, Does not reveal ALL TEST RESULTS!!!!!!!!

Posted on September 12th, 2012

This person is the most unprofessional, unethical individual that I have ever come across. If you ask a question that even seems to remotely challenge what he is saying,he becomes EXTREMELY DEFENSIVE.If you have any testing done or lab work, X-rays, etc. as part of his DX. Make sure that you REQUEST YOUR OWN COPY OF THE RESULTS. He will not be upfront with you regarding the results. The document will just be buried in your file. Make sure that you keep your own notes after every appointment of what occurred, especially if you had any unpleasant encounters. You should also provide a list of any RX that you take in writing, the staff and this Dr. are NOT ABLE TO ACCURATELY reflect medications in your records. ALSO BEWARE - HE make very large sweeping assumptions that any medications that you may have already been taking may be the "cause" of your particular condition, thereby concluding that "he can't really tell whether you have Condition X or not". {If you have been taking a particular RX or RX(s) - for a significant period of time, and have just begun to experience / manifest a symptom for which you are seeking treatment from him - it is HIGHLY unlikely that an RX that you have been taking for a LONG PERIOD of time is causing the adverse effect NOW! (Check with your prescribing doctor for verification, as well as the Pharmacist in charge at your local Pharmacy - they will be able to verify this as well.) However - this Doctor - just keeps saying "Oh It's because you take RX A, and it causes this side effect, so I can't really tell if you really have this condition." (If you have been taking RX A for 4 years, it is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY that RX A is now having an adverse effect on you, since RX side effects typically manifest with the first few days, weeks or months at least of taking the medication - NOT 4 YEARS LATER. However, this Doctor WILL NOT EVER BOTHER to do any DUE DILIGENCE to verify the date you started the medication to rule out its effect. But will just leave you hanging.I strongly URGE YOU TO CHECK WITH YOUR ORIGINAL PRESCRIBING DOCTOR for any RXs may have been "questioned" by this doctor and left you with a non-definitive diagnosis, or in a "let's just try this and see" diagnosis mode.Ultimately - I wouldn't recommend that my worst enemy go to this so "professional". I believe that he lacks complete professionalism, ethics, only wants to "sell as many CPAP machines" as he can, and quite frankly is the worst medical "so called" professional that I have ever come across in my entire life. I would STAY AWAY!!!!!

Doctor's Response

This angry rambling note is totally inaccurate and grossly misrepresents the commitment to quality, communication, and patient satisfaction that my staff and I have maintained since we opened our office. This person certainly never expressed their dissatisfaction to me, because if they did the issues would have been immediately resolved or they would have been recommended to consult another physician who could better meet their needs. To anonymously describe me as unprofessional and unethical is unprofessional, unethical, and irresponsible, and I invite this person to include their name with their comments, or better yet speak to me in person about the many concerns they have expressed.

Excellent

Posted on July 18th, 2012

Highly recommend

My favorite doctor of all time

Posted on June 14th, 2010

I've been seeing Dr. Benton for the past 14 years. The first time I saw him, there was the potential for a very serious diagnosis. He led me through all the possible outcomes in a caring way and made what could have been one of my worst days ever much less stressful. I've moved but still go back to see him even though I changed all my other doctors to be more convenient to my new town. I highly recommend him.

I love Dr. Benton!!

Posted on April 30th, 2010

I started going to Dr. Benton about a year ago, he was my third pulmonary doctor. I found out 6 yrs ago I have emphysema and it seemed like every doctor I went to could care less because it is not curable. Dr. Benton is so kind and caring and only wants to make sure that I feel as good as I can! He has a great bedside manner and has a very quick wit that I love sharing with him. His staff is very kind and courteous and he has the most awesome salt water fish tanks throughout the office that he personally maintains, so how can he not be caring :) I would highly recommend him for lung or sleep disorders to anyone!!

I love my doctor

Posted on November 4th, 2009

He is the best. He saved my life.

Was glad my primary Dr. recommended him

Posted on August 4th, 2009

Dr. Benton has been a real life saver for me . It is true he pulls no punches but is at the top of his game. I would recommend anyone with a sleep problem or lung problem to go see him.His staff is great and so is the Dr.

Excellent

Posted on June 17th, 2009

Exactly what I needed

Posted on May 3rd, 2008

I'm generally critical of physicians because, in my experience, they tend to assume that they have the right to make decisions about the patient's treatment/life and to withhold information that might provoke questions. I found Marc Benton to be very respectful of my right to make my own decisions and very willing to provide the information and expertise I needed in order to do that. I pay my doctor to be my consultant, to provide the benefit of his knowledge and experience, not to be a parent who holds my hand and assumes control over my decisions. I value his opinion, applaud his obvious intelligence, and admire his professionalism.

Posted on October 2nd, 2017