Dr. Marc Bessler Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Marc Bessler?

Very Positive Experience!

I had Bilateral Hernia Surgery done by Dr. Marc Bessler. I was highly impressed by himself and his staff. The Dr. has an exceptionally pleasant & caring personality. He listened patiently to all my questions and answered them all very clearly. His calm personality is also very helpful and reassuring to the patient. I'm glad I chose Dr. Bessler as my surgoen. I couldn't have made a better choice! He actually came highly recommended by a few local referral agencies. Now I know why!!

I've never written a review before

My daughter had a mass in her stomach that was located in an extremely difficult place- right next to the stomach's juncture with the esophagus. She had surgery two days ago and we are hopeful that it is benign, but we won't know for another week. Dr. Bessler was able to perform a laparoscopic resection of the mass and a fundoplication. It was a 3.5 hour delicate surgery, but my daughter is now home, just two days later. I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Bessler and the care my daughter received at Columbia. As another reviewer said, Dr. Bessler is not a flowery kind of man, but he is exactly what you want in this kind of circumstance. Dr. Bessler says what he thinks and he is an outstanding surgeon who evidences real concern for his patients. I am so grateful that I found him.

Outstanding Surgeon

This guy is tops in his field, and knows more about cutting edge approaches and technologies than most doctors in the country (yes, in the country. I did my research on doctors with as much or more knowledge on my procedure, and he's up there with a handful in his field). Expect professionalism and expertise, not warm, fuzzy or charming... but I'll take the former to the latter any day in a surgeon! Know what you're talking about, have your questions ready, and he'll answer in an honest, no-holds barred manner. Walk in there confused, and expect him to tell you what you need, how he'll do it... and then just let him do his thing. I had a hybrid transvaginal cholecystectomy. Four days later, I have NO pain, feel recovered (though I know my insides need to heal), and will have NO visible scars (there's only one in my umbilicus that won't be seen once healed). Amazing. I highly recommend Bessler.

arrogant and often forgetful

A clear example of a gifted doctor who clearly needs to improve his bedside manner. If had to do it over again, would not have chosen this doctor.

You Are In Excellent Hands With Dr. Bessler

Dr. Bessler performed a laparoscopic large paraesophageal hernia repair on me in May, using mesh to close the opening and a fundiplication to keep my stomach from moving back up into my chest cavity. I had an excellent recovery and the food I eat is no longer getting stuck in the bottom of my esophagus. Dr. Bessler was extremely adept at this laparoscopic surgery, operating through five tiny incisions. He was very careful, leaving nothing to chance, and followed my progress closely until I was discharged. He and Dr. Hussein, who assisted, both were present for my two week post-op visit. I would highly recommend Dr. Bessler to anyone looking for a highly skilled, careful, kind, and professional surgeon on the cutting edge of minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery.

excellent care for hernia surgery. Dr Bessler is a top professional. I had minimum pain for three inguinal surgeries. The Dr was easily accessible and the care was A1.I highly recommend him.

Dr. Bessler and his staff were great and very helpful. I had the Sleeve done and haven't had any complications at all.

I had a nephroctomy donation done and Dr Bessler was the surgeon. I couldn't ask for a better dr. No nosesense, excellent hands, great job! Thank you,

had a lap band many years ago, paid for out of pocket...and felt that ever since. Follow up service is not that great if you are not insured. Pretty non-existent actually after a while-lap band since eroded-would not go back here

A+ medical professional!

From my first vist to Dr. Bessler's office until the present, Dr. Bessler and his entire staff has treated me with top professionalism. Precise, astute, caring, accurate, cutting edge technology, easy to talk with, and truly an excellent physician. I had laproscopic removal of my gall bladder yesterday. Generally, there are 4 small holes involved in this type of surgery. Dr. Bessler performed this surgery by making one hole through my umbilicus (belly button), which is like not having an incision at all. My surgery was yesterday at 11AM. It's roughly 24 hours later, and I'm home and typing on my computer today with very little pain at all! I can't say enough good things about this physician, his staff, and the overall experience.