Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marc C Cohen MD
Dr. Marc C Cohen has the following 2 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Marc C Cohen has the following 7 expertise
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Catheterization
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Showing 5 of 8
Caring Careful Thorough Thoughtful
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marc C Cohen - Posted on August 18th, 2018
.Patient for 18 years. Seems to have a teaching streak and is good at it. Has always explained things well. Kind of conservative in treatment approach which I prefer although if I were not doing well, I'm confident he'd pull out heavier weapons. The doctor of the negative comments on this site is not the person I'm familiar with.
Great Doctor. Warm and Friendly.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marc C Cohen - Posted on December 16th, 2017
I saw Dr. Marc C. Cohen today 12/15/17. I don't understand some of the negative reviews. My impression of him was very different. I found him to be a very friendly, knowledgeable and caring physician. He made me feel comfortable and was easy to talk to about my issues. I thought I had a heart issue because of my previous EKG. Dr. Cohen was open and took his time with me and answered all my questions and explained everything clearly. I liked him a lot. Great Doctor. Glad he works in the Blue Bell office too. PS....I found that didn't have an heart issue!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marc C Cohen - Posted on November 4th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marc C Cohen - Posted on May 19th, 2015
Stay As far away as you can
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marc C Cohen - Posted on March 30th, 2015
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
40 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1979
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Marc C Cohen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
Locations & DirectionsABINGTON MEDICAL SPECIALISTS, 1235 Old York Rd Ste 222, Abington, PA
Dr. Marc C Cohen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Abington, PA.