Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marc F Catalano has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Common Bile Duct Diseases
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Digestive System Endoscopy (EGD)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Endoscopic Sphincterotomy
- Colon Cancer
- Esophageal Stenosis
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Colonic Polyps
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Pancreatic Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
As a nurse, you feel compassion and empathy for others. I feel that he greatly lacks these qualities. He appears to be frustrated at all times, does not listen, and spends very little time for examination. He was my second opinion, and although he did much more than my previous physician, he is just too disrespectful, arrogant, and lacks interpersonal skills.
What a great doctor!! What a wonderful kind man! We have been to 3 major medical facilities as my husband struggled with what we were told was auto immune pancreatitis and also chronic pancreatitis. He had 6 previous ERCPs and Dr Catalano was the only one to properly diagnose the cancer that was there from the beginning! His kindness in presenting the diagnosis to us, his thorough explanation, and the care to be completely accurate is something we have seen in very few of the doctors we have dealt with through this illness.....and that's a lot of doctors! He is awesome!!
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
32 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Marc F Catalano accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Marc F Catalano is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.