Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marc A Charles has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Marc A Charles has the following 12 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
Dr. Marc A Charles is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I saw DR. Charles for a few years. he has a small cluttered office in fullerton, ca. my first impression was that his office was somewhat chaotic. upon meeting him he was friendly enough but he would not shake my hand. over time I came to realize that he is probably OCD with anti-bacterial gel placed all over the place, but the office looks like a bomb went off. his receptionist is very efficient but a little cold. on numerous occasions he was 30-45 min late without apologizing or would take pharmaceutical reps ahead of his patients. he spends the majority of the "session" eating and staring at his computer screen. he asks the same 3 or 4 questions each visit and shows little interest in your answers or well-being. to be honest, after the first few appointments the only reason I went back to him was for free samples of Abilify which was not generic at the time and was very expensive. also I got tired of paying a $25 co-pay and i didn't see the value in seeing him every 2 months. once I convinced my primary doctor to prescribe my psych meds...I cancelled my appointments with him and have never looked back.
This absolute QUACK tried to cold turkey me off Xanax... then he wanted to put me on what he said was an anti seizure medication which turned out to be Klonopin... AFTER I had explained to him I want to be off ALL benzos completely! I also told him I'm allergic to SSRIs and have a bad reaction and he told me "it's all in your head" and prescribed me Prozac. I was sick for a week from the bad reaction to it. NEVER AGAIN. He talked down to me like I was a child and even had his nurse coming in to interrupt the visit THREE times, took a phone call during the visit, and then told me I had no sobriety date because I'm on xanax. I'm a recovering alcoholic and this man claims to treat addiction? LIES. I'd set my copay money on fire before I went and saw him again.
I encountered Mr. Charles (I reserve the title "Dr." for caring professionals, which he most definitely is NOT) after an attempted suicide in the psych ER. I had a neck wound that was still bleeding when I came in. Mr. Charles was incredibly verbally abusive and planned to send me back to the trigger in a van that evening. He seemed to take a sadistic pleasure in this. When I pointed out that he didn't seem to have much sympathy for the patients, he commented that "it was just [me]." In other words, he blatantly admitted to being biased against me. Furthermore, I believe his bias may have been racial in nature. I filed a formal grievance with the hospital but this went nowhere, as he knew exactly how far he could push the envelope. STAY AWAY, especially if you're white, and definitely don't bring your children to him. He's incredibly unprofessional and lacking in basic human empathy.
Dr. Charles is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Marc A Charles accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
Locations & DirectionsMarc A Charles Md, 1501 N Harbor Blvd Ste 203, Fullerton, CA
Dr. Marc A Charles is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fullerton, CA.