Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marc A Goldman
Dr. Marc A Goldman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, MA, with another office in Ludlow, MA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Goldman is affiliated with Baystate Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Marc A Goldman has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Had an appointment at 4:00. I googled his name for directions and it brought me to Boylaston where I found out he moved several years prior. I call the office and they put me on hold for 10 minutes. When they returned the staff was so stupid they could not provide directions on how to get there. They proceeded to tell me he would not wait for me that I needed to reschedule. HE SHOULD HAVE HIS LICENCED REVOKED. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE
Dr. Goldman is so disinterested in working with patients. He is curt and condescending. If he was thorough and good at what he did I could live with his poor bedside manner, however he is not thorough nor does he take the process to the next step. I saw the NP twice. I set up an appt to meet with Dr. Goldman, which, when I arrived he was not available, the receptionist told me he was called out on an emergency. My second appointment I was told I would have to see the NP that the dr. was called out again. I walked to the back of the clinic to his office only to find him putting his coat on heading for the back exit. I yelled his name and made him aware I was his 11:30 appt and this was the second time he was making himself unavailable, he took his coat off and conducted my followup appt.. Never saw anything like it! My first visit with him was eight years ago. I should have followed my gut..... I knew he was worth my time.
Dr. Goldman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Marc A Goldman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Marc A Goldman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MA.