Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marc Herschfus
Dr. Marc Herschfus, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Southfield, MI, with other offices in Farmington Hills, MI and Detroit, MI (and 1 other location). He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Herschfus is affiliated with PROVIDENCE HOSPITAL SOUTHFIELD, DMC SINAI GRACE HOSPITAL and DMC HURON VALLEY SINAI HOSPITAL. He speaks English.
Dr. Marc Herschfus has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I was in the hospital when I saw this person, I was very sick! But when this so called healer found out I did NOT have insurance he told me I was not worth his time. So I told my other Doctors that I would not want him to see me anymore. I understand that he has to get paid. But then he came in to speak with my room mate. When all of a sudden he started yelling at me! Over my room mates bed!! Saying why are you still here! Why havn't you been discharged?( By the way it's up to the doctors to discharge you) Then he said why am I wasting my time speaking to you?! And stomped out of the room. And to top it off he billed me $300.00 for telling me I was not worth his time. I was so sick and so scared and this person just made me feel that because I'm poor I should just die. I hope this helps.
Dr. Herschfus is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Michigan Orthopaedic Specialty Hospital
Providence Park Hospital
Harper University Hospital
Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center
St John Detroit Riverview Hospital
Garden City Hospital
25 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital
Dr. Marc Herschfus accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Marc Herschfus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southfield, MI.