Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marc Linden
Dr. Marc Linden, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gainesville, FL, with another office in Newberry, FL. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine and Neurology. Dr. Linden is affiliated with Malcolm Randall Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Lake City. He speaks English.
Dr. Marc Linden has the following 2 specialties
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
An osteopath is a physician who is trained in the philosophy of osteopathic medicine. These doctors have a D.O. degree which stands for Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, as opposed to M.D. for Medical Doctor.
Osteopathic medicine differs from conventional medicine, which is sometimes referred to as allopathic medicine, in that they incorporate a type of manual therapy called Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) into their treatment in which they manipulate the spine in order to relieve pain when other methods have not been successful. This is reflective of the philosophical difference between the two types of physicians; osteopaths are trained to treat the body as a whole in the belief that the body is structured with the ability to heal itself while medical doctors treat specific illnesses or symptoms.
Overall, osteopaths and medical doctors in the US are both equally qualified to treat patients and they work in the same settings and provide the same treatments.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Marc Linden has the following 4 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. Marc Linden is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Linden is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Malcolm Randall Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Lake City
35 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Marc Linden is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.