Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marc S Mandel has the following 1 specialty
- Skin Cancer
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Abdominal Hernia
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Surgery (Mammaplasty)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Had inguinal hernia 10 months ago. Had burning pain sensation in surgery area 4 months after. Went back to see him. He told me to go to physical therapy. Did my own physical therapy. Pain subsided significantly. Did stretches and yoga. Well, 10 months later, pain is back with a vengence. Unbearable. Won't go back since I might choke him for doing this. It's definately a mesh tangled with nerves issue.
Dr. Mandel was the surgeon that operated on my in 2008. As a Crohn's suffer I was highly anxious. He took the time to explain the procedure that I was about to undergo and helped allay many reasons I was feeling dread about. Now 5 years later I am extremely happy with the work Dr. Mandel performed. Prior to the surgery it was the rare day that I did not feel discomfort in my abdomen. After the surgery I have never felt better, most times since I actually forget I have Crohn's. I would highly recommend Dr. Mandel to family and friends.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Mandel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Marc S Mandel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOverlook Surgical Associates, 11 Overlook Rd Ste 160, Summit, NJ
Dr. Marc S Mandel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Summit, NJ.