Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marc J Novom has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Headache Disorders
Showing 5 of 7
Hour and a half appointment lasted 15 minutes. Asked a few questions regarding my concussion and the headaches I encountered. He said I was fine and able to return to work immediately. Now, 2 and a half years later, after trying to return to work I am back at square one with continuous headaches, motion and light sensitivity and nausea. Obviously his findings were just what the insurance company wanted him to do.
Was sent to see Dr. Novom for a fit for duty evaluation. After seeing me for 15 minutes and passing his coordination and strength test. Dr. Novom stated I was un fit for duty based upon my diagnoses of anaplastic astrocytoma, even though i have been in remission for a year and a half. The visit which dictates my career was decided in only 15 minutes. It is my belief that Dr. Novom provided me with this diagnoses based on what my employer wanted as to what was the truth
46 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1972
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Marc J Novom accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Marc J Novom is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mequon, WI.